Here is the Morning MoJo Report for Wednesday, Oct. 17:
* As of 7:30 a.m., traffic was sluggish on I-270 southbound and I-495 in both directions, and there are reports of an accident on I-81 northbound in West Virginia near Martinsburg causing lane closures, but traffic was running fine on all the other interstates throughout the area.
MARC Train 880 is operating with one less car due to a mechanical issue, according to the Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) website, mta.maryland.gov/.
* The Light Rail, Commuter Buses, Metro Subway, and Local Bus Services were all running on time, according to the MTA website.
* The weather today is expected to be mostly sunny with a high of 68 degrees and winds between 5 and 9 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service's website, forecast.weather.gov. Tonight, it's expected to be partly cloudy with a low around 47 degrees and wind around 8 mph.
* Work to improve U.S. Alternate 40 and Poffenberger Road continues. Poffenberger Road is closed between Garis Shop Road and Sharpsburg Pike (Md. 65). Traffic on U.S. Alternate 40 may be reduced to one lane at times. Workers are assisting traffic there when needed.
* Work to improve the intersection of U.S. 40 and Md. 63 is expected to continue until Spring, 2013, according to reports from the Maryland State Highway Administration. Workers are assisting traffic in the area when needed, and expect lane closures at different times.