| Oct 17, 2011
| 12:11 AM
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (KTLA) -- The trial of Dr. Conrad Murray will be delayed until at least Wednesday to give the defense time to study new lab test results the prosecution contends show Michael Jackson did not ingest a fatal overdose of sedatives.
| Dec 14, 2011
It has taken almost two years, but government regulators finally woke up to the idea that those 1-800-GET-THIN billboards plastered all over Southland freeways may be dangerous to your health.
That's the underlying meaning of the action announced Tuesday...
| Jan 11, 2012
The last two decades could be considered the golden age for advances in anesthesiology, capped in October when the Anesthesia Quality Institute started the first nationwide system for the collection of data that includes individual problems from...
| Feb 4, 2012
The Medical Board of California has faulted a doctor in the 2010 death of a Lap-Band patient who had surgery at a clinic affiliated with the 1-800-GET-THIN ad campaign, filing charges that could cause him to lose his license to practice.
The board has...
| Feb 21, 2012
| 7:56 PM
A Marina del Rey anesthesiologist has filed a lawsuit accusing the president of the 1-800-GET-THIN marketing firm of identity theft for using the doctor's name to establish a corporation that billed insurers without his permission.
Dr. Martin E. Flynn...
| Feb 8, 2010
| 4:33 PM
In the last hours of his life, Michael Jackson was given a powerful anesthetic at a level equivalent to what would be used in a âmajor surgeryâ and in a manner that did not live up to medical standards, according......
| Sep 23, 2009
| 4:32 AM
The success of coronary artery bypass surgery is not linked to the phase of the moon, physicians rarely turn into werewolves at night and being bitten by a vampire will not make you immortal. Well...the first one is true, according......
| Jul 20, 2009
| 9:16 PM
LOS ANGELES -- The powerful sedative Diprivan was already under question by federal regulators prior to Michael Jackson's sudden death.
Also known as Propofol, Diprivan was among a slew of pharmaceuticals reportedly found inside Jackson's rented Holmby...
| Jul 21, 2009
Photo: Christina Barany/Getty Images
LOS ANGELES - -- Following the death of singer Michael Jackson, there has been increasing public concern about the drug propofol that police found in his home. Known by the brand name Diprivan or by the generic name...
| Aug 24, 2009
| 10:36 PM
A sleepless Michael Jackson spent his last hours pleading for a dose of a powerful anesthetic, his doctor told police, according to court records unsealed Monday.
For six hours, Dr. Conrad Murray said he resisted -- fearful that the pop star had...
| Aug 24, 2009
Michael Jackson's death is now ruled a homicide, a law enforcement official official told the Associated Press, making it more likely for criminal charges to be filed against the king of pop's personal physician, Houston cardiologist, Dr. Conrad Murray...