| Mar 22, 2013
| 1:04 PM
Dennis H. McGinley Jr., a retired electrical engineer and model railroad enthusiast, died Tuesday of heart disease at Anne Arundel Medical Center. He was 73.
The son of a Jersey Central Railroad yardmaster and a factory worker, Dennis Hayden McGinley Jr....
| May 27, 2013
| 4:59 PM
Six children were burned — two seriously — by a flash fire that occurred during a Memorial Day boat ride on the South River.
Two of the three adults on board also suffered minor injuries.
None of the burns appear to be life-threatening,...
| May 23, 2013
| 7:58 AM
A 52-year-old woman died a day after she was rescued from a burning home in Crofton, Anne Arundel County fire officials said Thursday.
Patricia Hart died at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Wednesday from injuries sustained in a fire Tuesday...
| May 14, 2013
| 3:41 PM
William J. "Bill" Turcovski, a Northrop Grumman electrical engineer who enjoyed antiquing, died May 7 from pneumonia at Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis. He was 52.
The son of a supervisor and a homemaker, William John Turcovski was born and...
| May 3, 2013
| 11:53 AM
It looks like an expensive bracelet, but the contraption laced in titanium beads gets placed around the esophagus rather than the wrist.
The LINX Reflux Management System is a new treatment for acid reflux, a digestive order that causes heartburn,...
| Apr 9, 2013
| 3:51 PM
Orlando Ridout V, a historian of early Maryland buildings who explored crawl spaces and attics for their social and architectural details, died of pancreatic cancer complications April 6 at Anne Arundel Medical Center. The lifelong Annapolis resident...
| Jun 17, 2013
| 7:34 AM
City of Annapolis Police say a woman was the victim of an armed robbery on Saturday in which two assailants pushed her to the ground and threatened her.
According to police, the incident occurred at about 11:50 p.m. on Saturday in the unit block if Bens...
| Jun 17, 2013
| 1:18 PM
Two people were hospitalized Monday afternoon after a man drove a car into an Annapolis restaurant, officials said.
The 78-year-old man drove into an outdoor eating area at Zoe's Kitchen at 1901 Towne Centre Boulevard in the Annapolis Towne Centre just...
| Jun 17, 2013
| 10:43 AM
A decade since the 2003 tropical storm that began its fiscal and operational woes, Market House in downtown Annapolis is expected to reopen in the coming weeks with a lineup of vendors selling falafel, gelato, sandwiches and crab cakes from the historic...
| Oct 25, 2012
| 4:29 PM
GrandView, a condominium highrise in the heart of Annapolis Towne Centre, certainly lives up to its name, especially in the 12th-floor penthouse of Barry and Olga Scher.
In this three-bedroom, 3½-bath unit with a den, living room, dining room, open...
| Oct 11, 2012
| 11:51 AM
A selection of resources for breast cancer patients and families:
Nonprofits, charities and support groups
Active Survivors Network Helps people affected by illness, disease and accidents to maintain an active lifestyle. activesurvivor.org or 410-823-...
| Oct 24, 2012
| 5:36 PM
The federal Food and Drug Administration identified 89 medical facilities in Maryland that bought drugs from the Massachusetts manufacturer being investigated for a national fungal meningitis outbreak.
The facilities are among more than 3,000 in numerous...