| Jun 25, 2013
| 12:32 PM
A "breakdown" in how Baltimore Police officers handled an alleged pit bull attack in South Baltimore that sent a 7-year-old boy to the hospital last week is now the subject of an internal police review, after animal control was left in the dark about...
| Feb 25, 2013
| 8:11 AM
There is an invasive species in the United States responsible for the deaths of an estimated 14.7 billion birds and mammals each year. If that's not shocking enough, consider this: There's a good chance that one of these invaders is living in your house....
| May 31, 2013
| 8:20 PM
A rabid bat was found inside an Annapolis apartment this week, triggering a health alert from the Anne Arundel County health department.
The bat, which tested positive for the deadly disease, was found Thursday in Woodside Garden Apartments in the 700...
| May 20, 2013
| 6:35 AM
Our local Pet Valu store, at 5007 Honeygo Center Dr in Perry Hall, is bringing a VIP Pet Care Veterinary Clinic to our neighborhood. This nonemergency vet care clinic features vaccinations and micro-chipping among its services for dogs and cats. In...
| Dec 26, 2012
| 4:27 AM
Word about the Glenelg United Methodist Church Food Pantry has spread throughout the county. People from as far as Columbia and Elkridge are coming to the food pantry for help.
In November, the food pantry received 29 turkeys from the Clarksville...
| May 8, 2013
| 12:00 PM
A recent letter to the editor criticizes health officials for euthanizing that "dear baby fox" which was rescued by some misguided firemen ("Authorities too quick to kill rescued baby fox," May 7). Actually, the blame for that animal's death lies with the...
| May 9, 2013
| 12:42 PM
As Harford County health and elected officials worked to alert the public to the dangers of Lyme disease during a County Council meeting Tuesday – noting many people close to them who have the chronic, tick-borne ailment – the council...
| May 10, 2013
| 12:00 PM
I am in total agreement with Kim R. Filer ("Authorities too quick to kill rescued baby fox" May 7). This poor baby fox was doomed from birth. First by an accident that put him in harm's way and then by "authorities" who had to show their big nasty hand of...
| May 9, 2013
| 5:12 PM
Havre de Grace, which bills itself as "The Decoy Capital of the World," is getting attention for some real ducks for a change.
Recently, 10 ducklings were discovered they fell into a storm drain, the Havre de Grace Police Department reported Thursday....
| Mar 18, 2013
| 4:55 PM
The Air Force service member infected with rabies before his organs were transplanted into several patients — including one Marylander who died — was thought previously to have been poisoned by a type of fish.
Kathy Giery, a director at...
| May 1, 2013
| 3:31 PM
If you've ever heard a baby fox screaming for its mother on a dark spring night — foxes can sound eerily human — you'll know why a team of volunteer firefighters in Harford County was alerted to the howls of a desperate pup trapped in a...
| May 3, 2013
| 3:13 PM
A baby fox rescued Tuesday night from a storm drain in Edgewood by a well-meaning group of Harford County firefighters was later euthanized so it could be tested for rabies — though the disease was not ultimately found.
The decision — which...