| Mar 16, 2012
| 4:00 PM
Health officials in Wayne County are confirming it was the Norovirus that caused several people to become sick at the Taylor Sportsplex this past weekend.
On Sunday, 28 people suddenly got sick, and began vomiting. The facility was immediately shut...
| Jan 10, 2012
| 3:19 PM
The State Department of Health is investigating a viral outbreak in Blackford County. Several people reported symptoms associated with the stomach flu or food poisoning.
"It was brutal, would be the best word for it," said Bill Bosworth, who came down...
| Jan 13, 2012
| 10:18 AM
Days after the Indiana State Department of Health began investigating a viral outbreak in Hartford City, a new investigation launched this week in Valparaiso following a series of foodborne illness reports.
Several people in Hartford City reported...
| Oct 16, 2012
| 7:03 AM
OAK PARK, Calif. (KTLA) -- Dozens of students and staff at Medea Creek Middle School in Oak Park have been sickened by a highly contagious virus.
The Ventura County Health Department says that norovirus is to blame. It can cause stomach pain, nausea,...
| Oct 24, 2012
| 5:15 PM
Washing your hands after using the bathroom — not to mention after touching any number of public surfaces, from doorknobs to subway handrails to oh-so-disgusting toilet flush levers — is a basic rule of hygiene. Yet we don't always do it...
| May 8, 2012
| 4:37 PM
The Department of Health and Hospitals quickly closed oyster harvesting area 23 (see graphic at left) Tuesday and also ordered a recall of oysters harvested from that area since April 6.
Fourteen people have reported getting sick with the norovirus after...
| May 24, 2012
| 5:32 AM
PETOSKEY — Lab tests confirm that it was the norovirus that forced Concord Academy Petoskey to cancel classes on Friday.
Concord Petoskey executive director David Hill told the News-Review that 60 students were out sick, or left early last...
| Aug 27, 2012
| 9:41 AM
As expected, business has been slow for the Holland area Mexican restaurant where several hundred people contracted Norovirus in late July.
After reopening his doors in early August, owner Alonzo Salinas has made some changes.
“I think a lot of...
| Jun 15, 2012
| 9:34 AM
Korean shellfish shipped to the United States may have been exposed to human feces and potentially contaminated with norovirus, the Food and Drug Administration warned distributors, retailers and other food service operators Thursday.
| Jun 28, 2012
| 4:21 PM
About 40 middle and high school girls have gotten sick over the last few days, and the Kent County Health Department says it could be an outbreak of the norovirus.
The illness broke out at Davenport University, where hundreds of girls from around the...
| Jun 29, 2012
| 12:59 PM
SOUTH BEND – A norovirus is being blamed for the gastrointestinal outbreak that affected 106 students attending sports camp at the University of Notre Dame this week.
That word came Friday afternoon from St. Joseph County Health Officer Dr....
| Jul 13, 2012
| 4:32 AM
Last year, when Oregon Health Authority officials announced they would adopt the 2009 FDA Retail Food Code, restaurateurs suddenly faced a piece of legislation that would prohibit foodservice workers to touch prepared food with their bare hands. The...