1. What are Mobile Alerts? Mobile Alerts are text messages you receive on your mobile phone. Currently we offer Breaking News alerts, Weather alerts, and UConn Huskies alerts.
To sign up for Weather Alerts text "WEATHER" to 37798
To sign up for UConn alerts text "UCONN" to 37798
To sign up for UConn Football text "UCONNFB" to 37798
To sign up for UConn Men's Basketball text "UCONNMB" to 37798
To sign up for UConn Women's Basketball text "UCONNWB" to 37798
2. Do I have to register on the website to receive Mobile Alerts? No. Signing up for Mobile Alerts does not require registration on the website.
3. How many alerts will I get? Maximum 14 alerts per week, standard data and messaging rates may apply.
4. Do alerts cost me anything? We do not charge you for our alerts. However, your carrier may charge you to send and receive text messages. Contact your carrier for more details: Message and data rates may apply.
5. If I sign up for one alert, do I get them all? No, you must sign up for each alert individually.
6. How do I stop the alerts? To stop receiving alerts, you may "stop" to a message you receive, or
To end Breaking News alerts text NEWS END to 37798
To end UConn alerts text UCONN END to 37798
To end UConn Football text UCONNFB END to 37798
To end UConn Men's text UCONNMB END to 37798
7. What is on your mobile site? Our mobile sites contain many of the same stories as our websites, but in a customized format that is easy to read on your mobile device.
8. Why would I use the mobile site if it has the same content as the regular website? The mobile site is more convenient when you are away from a computer. You can read the news on the bus or train on your way to work in the morning. You can look up restaurants or check the weather when you are out and about. It's quick, easy and convenient.
9. How often do the stories change? Stories are updated throughout the day just as our online sites are. So come back often to see new and updated local, national and international stories.
10. Does using the mobile sites cost me anything? We do not charge you to access to the mobile sites. However, your carrier may charge you to access to the internet from your mobile device. Check your cellular phone contract, or contact your carrier for details about these charges.
11. How do I get to the mobile sites?
The easiest way is to text "trib" to 25808 and we'll send you a text message with our mobile site addresses so that you don't have to type them in on your phone. Or you can enter our website addresses directly into the mobile browser, they are the same addresses as our online sites (www.chicagotribune.com, www.chicagosports.com, www.metromix.com). Check your service documents or contact your carrier for instructions on how to access the internet on your specific device and for details on charges.
12. Do I have to register to use the mobile sites? No. We do not require registration to use the mobile sites.
Other questions or comments? Email: email@example.com
Courant Mobile -- FAQs
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.