JULY 30 - AUGUST 5 RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
1. TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of Michigan at the time of entry. Void where prohibited and outside Michigan. Sweepstakes begins on Monday, July 30, 2012 at 12:01 am EST, and ends on Sunday, August 5, 2012 at 11:59 pm EST (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Enter by text (as described below). Entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm EST on August 5, 2012.
a. Enter via Text-Message: Using the text messaging feature on your cellular telephone, send a text message to 23857 with the code word "RACE" during the Sweepstakes Period. All entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm or reject entry into the Sweepstakes. Text-Message entries may be subject to fees under the terms of the entrant's cell-phone/text messaging subscription plan (contact your carrier for pricing plans and details). Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. If any dispute arises as to identity of any entrant, an entrant shall be considered the authorized account holder by the cellular provider. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider's records or the natural person authorized to use the number by an entity that is shown on cellular provider's records for that number. Only entries to the designated number and containing the correct keyword shall be eligible. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any text message entry at any time which in Sponsor's opinion does not comply with these Official Rules.
b. Restrictions: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules. You can enter only once. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, unavailability of phone lines or connections, cellular phone service, or any other technical malfunctions or inability to transmit messages or entries.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: On or about August 7, 2012 one (1) entry will be selected at random from all qualified entrants, and tentatively declared the "winner" (subject to eligibility confirmation and compliance with these rules). The winner will be notified by telephone or email, depending on the method of entry. Failure to respond to winner notification in a timely manner will result in disqualification and possible selection of an alternate winner from remaining eligible entries (at Sponsor's sole discretion). Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
3. PRIZES & PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Winning entry will receive two (2) tickets to the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series WFW 200 race on August 18, 2012 and the Pure Michigan 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on August 19, 2012. Both races are located at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn, MI. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable, and not redeemable for cash. If any prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. Sweepstakes winners must claim their prizes in person at FOX 17 WXMI located at 3117 Plaza Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49525. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited, and no alternate prizes will be awarded. Only one prize will be awarded per person and per household. Winners assume all applicable tax liability for their prize.
4. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants 18 years of age and older agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. Winners by acceptance of a prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. Sponsor is not responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. Winners may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to receiving their prize. All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, telephone number and social security number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued drivers license or identification card). For a winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope after (August 7, 2012), to: Winners List, MIS NASCAR Sweepstakes, 3117 Plaza Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49525.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor or its employees. Immediate family members, employees or immediate family members of any of Sponsor's affiliated companies, licensees, advertising or promotional agencies, or sponsors are also ineligible.
6. SPONSOR: Sweepstakes is sponsored by WXMI FOX 17, 3117 Plaza Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49525. Void where prohibited or restricted. A copy of the official rules is available upon request by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to SWEEPSTAKES RULES, MIS NASCAR Sweepstakes, WXMI FOX 17, 3117 Plaza Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49525 or by visiting the WXMI website at www.fox17online.com.
7. If for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Michigan law, excluding choice of law provisions.
MIS NASCAR Ticket Give-Away Sweepstakes
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.