After at least 200 people became sick following a visit to a Holland area restaurant, the health department says they've discovered the culprit.

Margarita's Mexican restaurant in Holland closed after around 200 patrons complained of illness following a visit to the restaurant. Now, the virus causing the illness was found to be Norovirus, according to the Ottawa County Health Department.

Norovirus causes diarrhea, vomiting, cramping, low fever and nausea. It's very contagious, and easily spreads person to person according to the health department.

The spread of the virus can be prevented with proper hand washing, including soap and 20 seconds of rubbing hands together. Alcohol based hand sanitizers are ineffective against the virus.

Typically, the virus' effects last up to 3 days in most cases. People who have the virus are urged to drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.