| Mar 26, 2013
| 1:19 PM
Two fires in Aberdeen and one in Street between Friday and Saturday night caused a combined $35,000 worth of damage to three structures and their contents, the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said.
No one was injured in any of them.
| Mar 31, 2013
What kind of regular maintenance should I do to prepare my home for spring?
Jim Embe, Baltimore district manager for Home Depot, suggests these spring chores for around the home.
•Now is the time to put down lawn fertilizer and pre-emergent...
| Feb 12, 2013
| 11:58 AM
A fire at a home on Aldino Road Monday afternoon caused $75,000 in damage to the dwelling and its contents but did not injure anyone, the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said.
Firefighters from several Harford County fire companies battled the...
| Nov 6, 2012
| 2:45 PM
Harford County was spared from the worst of Superstorm Sandy, and many thankful residents have decided to help people elsewhere in the Northeast who were hit hard by the storm.
The aid rendered to the less fortunate by Harford County residents comes with...
| Sep 25, 2012
| 1:39 PM
One person was flown to the regional trauma center after a single-vehicle crash on Route 40 in Havre de Grace early Friday morning, the Susquehanna Hose Company reported.
The Havre de Grace area's fire company responded to a 2003 Hyundai that had run off...
| Feb 11, 2011
| 4:22 PM
It was a time when Baltimore battled heavy snow with armies of men with shovels, and streetcar sweepers, horses and carts. There were no motorized plows, no salt trucks. Just mountains of snow and, except for the streetcars, only muscle to......
| Jul 13, 2011
An article in the July 15, 1911 edition of The Argus lauded an event in honor of the local volunteer firefighters.
A lawn fete is being held on the Misses Carters' lot on Ingleside avenue, under the auspices of the Catonsville Volunteer Hose Company. The...
| Jul 18, 2011
| 6:01 PM
An article in the July 17, 1936, edition of The Catonsville Herald and Baltimore Countian discouraged businesses from displaying their wares on the sidewalk.
Arthur Shipley of Monumental Avenue, Lansdowne, died last Saturday, July 11, at St. Agnes'...
| Jan 24, 2011
| 9:10 AM
My kitchen smells like pot, but there's nothing going on here to concern the Police Department. Maybe the Fire Department.
I'm taking a gizmo that looks like a toy gun, stuffing wood shavings into the top and lighting them afire. My motivation is not...
| Dec 28, 2011
| 3:19 PM
The illuminated duck will drop over Havre de Grace, Saturday, Dec. 31, with fireworks on the Havre de Grace Middle School grounds on Lewis Lane. Thank you Susquehanna Hose Company volunteers for continuing this tradition in Havre de Grace.
Happy New Year...
| Dec 29, 2011
| 6:26 AM
With the coming of each new year, many people get predictably festive and offer "Happy New Year" salutations to everyone they encounter.
In Havre de Grace, folks have real reasons to be festive, not the least of which is the annual New Year's Eve Duck...
| Jul 27, 2011
An article in the July 29, 1911 edition of The Argus reported fear of an impending storm may have caused the death of a woman traveling with her son.
Hastening home with her little boy to escape the storm Friday evening of last week, Mrs. Uriah Guy,...