| May 7, 2014
| 11:22 AM
The State Fire Marshal's Office is attempting to identify a person who allegedly set fire to a picnic table at the Conowingo Boat Launch April 22, fire officials said. The fire engulfed a wooded area.
According to Fire Marshal spokesperson Bruce Bouch, a...
| May 25, 2014
| 1:21 PM
No one one was injured when a three-alarm fire swept through an apartment building in Glen Burnie on Sunday afternoon, Anne Arundel County fire officials said.
Firefighters went to the Country Club apartments in the 7500 block of Furnace Branch Road at...
| May 27, 2014
| 5:05 AM
Firefighters battled two separate single-alarm fires in the Harlem Park and Hanlon-Longwood neighborhoods early Tuesday morning, according to the Baltimore City Fire Department.
The first fire, which was called in at 4:47 a.m., occurred in a three-story...
| Apr 14, 2014
| 11:38 AM
Growing up in Baltimore, a small, but major city in America, I never thought much about jobs in the business of protecting and serving.
In elementary school, I attended a small private Baptist church-school in Baltimore. Instead of allowing the students...
| Apr 14, 2014
| 4:30 PM
When a fire broke out at a home on Myrtle Avenue in Halethorpe, members of the English Consul Volunteer Fire Department arrived to beat back the blaze. It proved too strong, destroying the structure and sending two firefighters to the hospital.
| Apr 15, 2014
| 7:36 AM
A fire that started as a result of a home repair gone bad damaged a Bel Air home early Friday afternoon, fire investigators said.
The fire was reported at 1:27 p.m. in a single story, brick rancher in the first block of Huntington Place off West Ring...
| Apr 19, 2014
| 1:52 PM
A two-alarm fire caused an estimated $250,000 damage to an Perryman home Friday night.
The fire in the house owned by BGL Properties LLC was reported by a passerby at 10:10 p.m. in the 800 block of Chelsea Road, according to the Harford County Md Fire &...
| May 10, 2014
| 3:06 PM
The family of a boy killed after a natural gas explosion has sued Baltimore Gas and Electric Co., alleging that it ignored its failing pipes that leaked the gas and triggered the explosion.
Troy Douglas, 8, was killed in February as he was walking home...
| May 12, 2014
| 4:02 PM
A SUV stolen from Cockeysville was found ablaze in Bel Air Saturday night, fire investigators said.
The 2004 Ford Expedition SUV, owned by Troy L. Moseley, was reported stolen Saturday night, said Oliver Alkire, spokesperson with the State Fire Marshal'...
| May 13, 2014
| 11:20 AM
A bedroom fire in a Whiteford home Friday morning caused an estimated $100,000 damage to the dwelling's contents, twice the estimated damage to the structure, fire investigators said.
Investigators attributed the high content damage estimate to the...
| Apr 24, 2014
| 4:19 AM
Two women were injured in a two-story duplex fire in Hampden Wednesday night, the Baltimore Fire Department said.
The department said the victims were taken to a Bayview Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries following the fire, which was...
| Apr 24, 2014
| 7:08 AM
Two houses in the 2700 block of N. Calvert Street were damaged in a fire that began around 3:40 a.m. Thursday, according to the Baltimore City fire department.
Residents were displaced by that fire which began in the rear of one house and spread to a...