Become a digitalPLUS subscriber. 99 for 4 weeks.

Topics

American Red Cross
10 displaced in Eastport apartment fire
10 displaced in Eastport apartment fire

An Eastport apartment fire displaced 10 people and sent another to the hospital early Saturday morning. The Annapolis Fire Department rescued three people from the balcony of a third-story apartment at the 1200 block of Madison Street about 2:48 a.m., according to department spokesman Nathan Powell. One of the rescued individuals was transported to a nearby hospital for smoke inhalation. The fire, which started in the kitchen of the rear unit on the third level of the garden-style apartment building has been ruled accidental, according to Powell. "We have nothing more definitive than accidental at this time," he said. The preliminary damage is $75,000, according to Powell....

Loading