The U.S. Postal Service plans to hold eight community meetings to solicit public opinion about the proposed closure of 14 Chicago-area post offices, the agency said.
The first meeting is scheduled for tonight from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Pui Tak Center, 2216 S. Wentworth Ave., near the Chinatown post office.
Additional meetings are scheduled for the following dates for 11 post offices in Chicago being considered for closing and one in Riverdale:
- Government Postal Delivery
- Mail Order Industry
- Financial and Business Services
See more topics »
- 157 W 144th St, Riverdale, IL 60827, USA
- 5655 S University Ave, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
- 1438 W 63rd St, Chicago, IL 60636, USA
- 2020 W 59th St, Chicago, IL 60636, USA
- 2750 W Columbus Ave, Chicago, IL 60652, USA
- 4301 W Washington Blvd, Chicago, IL 60624, USA
- 433 W Harrison St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- Riverdale (60827): 6 to 8 p.m. on Oct. 19 at Riverdale Village Hall Board Room, 157 W. 144th St., Riverdale,
- Station U (60637): 6 to 8 p.m. on Oct. 20 at University Church, 5655 S. University Ave, Chicago,
- Englewood (60621): 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Oct. 22 at the 7th District Police Station, 1438 W. 63rd St., Chicago,
- Ogden Park (60636): 2 to 4 p.m. Oct. 22 at Evening Star Baptist Church, 2020 W. 59th St., Chicago,
- Ashburn (60652): 6 to 8 p.m. on Oct. 24 at Monument of Faith, 2750 W. Columbus Ave., Chicago
- Mary Alice Henry, Nancy B. Jefferson, Otis Grant Collins, Rev. Milton R. Brunson & Robert LeFlore (60624, 60612, 60623, 60644, 60651): 6 to 8 p.m. on Oct. 25 at New Mt. Pilgrim Missionary Baptist Church, 4301 W. Washington Blvd., Chicago
- Haymarket (60661): 6 to 8 p.m. on Oct. 26 at Main Post Office, 433 W Harrison St., Chicago
The remaining two post offices being considered are in Hillside and LaGrange Park, according to the U.S. Postal Service website.
The Postal Service said in July that it was considering the closure of about 3,700 post offices nationwide to save money.