Several people have been overcome by carbon monoxide in a gated community in Oak Brook. One fatality is reported, according to the DuPage County Coroner.

Toxicology tests will determine if a man found dead in his Oak Brook home Thursday died from carbon monoxide poisoning, the DuPage County coroner’s office said today.

Pei Tang Yeh, 86, was found dead in a first-floor bathroom of a 15,000-square-foot home in the 2900 block of Oak Brook Hills Road that authorities said had extremely high levels of carbon monoxide.

Chief Deputy Coroner Charlie Dastych said it appears Yeh died of carbon monoxide poisoning. The office expects test results in about 10 days, he said. No autopsy will be performed.

Seven women ranging in age from about 20 to about 70 were taken to Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove with various ailments from carbon monoxide. Oak Brook Police Chief James Kruger said today that three were transferred to other facilities for further treatment and the other four were believed to have been released.

Authorities said some victims were related and others were domestic staff.

Authorities believe the carbon monoxide was leaking from a first-floor room with an indoor pool, Kruger said. The pool has a heater, but Kruger said it was not immediately known if the heater was the cause of the leak.

Kruger said officials believe no foul play occurred but the investigation is not comlete.

Carbon monoxide levels were as high as 1,000 parts per million, Acting Fire Chief Gary Clark said. Safe levels are 35 ppm or lower.

Public records show the home belongs to a dental surgeon and her husband, a gastroenterologist. Authorities on Thursday gave the dead man’s age as 84. Today, they confirmed he was 86.

triblocaltips@tribune.com

Twitter: @TribLocal