A man was shot to death and nine other people were wounded in shootings Thursday night and Friday morning, according to authorities.
The man killed was found shot multiple times in the head and body about 9:20 p.m. in the 7600 block of South Coles Avenue in the South Shore neighborhood, according to police. Officers in the area heard gunfire and responded to a call of a person shot. The man who died was found alone in the street and no witnesses came forward, police said.
He was identified as LaDarryl Walters, 23, of the 0-100 block of West 110th Place, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office. An autopsy conducted Friday determined that he died of multiple gunshot wounds and his death was ruled a homicide, according to the office.
In other shootings:
• A 23-year-old man was shot about 8 a.m. Friday at 84th Street and Muskegon Avenue in the South Chicago neighborhood on the South Side, police said. He was walking when a red car pulled up and a passenger got out of the vehicle and shot him. He was taken to South Shore Hospital, where his condition was stabilized.
• About 12:20 a.m. Friday morning, a 17-year-old girl and an 18-year-old girl were wounded in the 8300 bock of South Anthony Avenue in the Stony Island Park neighborhood by someone shooting a rifle toward the porch on which they were sitting. Both were grazed, Chicago Police Department News Affairs Officer Ron Gaines said. The 17-year-old was hit in the arm and leg and the 18-year-old in the torso, police said. Both are in good condition at South Shore Hospital.
• Two men were shot in 9300 block of South Wallace Street in the Brainerd neighborhood about 11:55 p.m. Thursday, police said. A 28-year-old man was wounded in the arm and a 32-year-old man in the arm and wrist. The older man was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn while the younger was taken to Little Company of Mary Hospital in Evergreen Park. The two were in a vehicle at a stop sign when a light-colored vehicle pulled alongside and someone inside opened fire, police said.
• A 16-year-old boy was shot in the leg about 11:10 p.m. Thursday and taken to John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County. Police said the boy was walking in the 4200 block of South Wells Street in the Fuller Park neighborhood when someone approached him on foot from an alley and opened fire, hitting him in the leg.
• A 52-year-old man was shot in the buttocks and taken to St. Francis Hospital in Evanston about 10:30 p.m. Thursday. He was shot in the 1700 block of West Juneway Terrace in the Rogers Park neighborhood.
• A 14-year-old boy was shot about 10:05 p.m Thursday in West Englewood. Police said he was shot in the back in the 7300 block of South Wolcott Avenue. He's in stable condition at Christ Medical Center.
• In the Englewood neighborhood about 7:15 p.m. Thursday, someone shot a 23-year-old man in the back in the 6700 block of South Green Street. He was taken to Christ medical center, where his condition was stabilized. Police said two people approached on bikes and exchanged gang slogans with the 23-year-old before shooting him.
No one is in custody for any of the attacks, police said.