An infant was injured in a cooking fire early this morning in the East Chatham neighborhood, according to the Chicago Fire Department.
The 1-month-old was taken in fair-to-serious condition to Jackson Park Hospital from the fire in the 7900 block of South Dobson Avenue about 1:30 a.m., according to the department's news office.
The cooking fire, which started about 1:30 a.m., caused minor smoke in the home, according to the Fire Department.
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more
about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service
. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.