Porches on fire in Lakeview neighborhood.
(Reader photo / July 6, 2012)
Chicago Fire Department investigators believe a gas grill on a rear porch was responsible for igniting several porches in a Lakeview neigborhood apartment building, officials said.
The fire was reported at a three-flat building on the 3300 block of North Southport Avenue at 3:45 p.m., according to Chicago Fire Department officials.
The fire was raised to a 2-11 alarm, which calls for additional manpower.
Firefighters were dealing with high temperatures but officials said no injuries were reported.
Witnesses described the porches being fully engulfed.
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more
about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service
. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.