Chicago Tribune reporter Peter Nickeas describes the city's overnight crimes, including two people shot in Wicker Park and one person killed. (Posted September 7, 2013)
A wrap-up of news from the Tribune's breaking news desk.
• An off-duty Chicago police officer fatally shot a man on the Near West Side this morning in the third police-involved shooting since midnight and the fourth in the last 24 hours, police said. Read more
• A Chicago police sergeant was carjacked while off duty in the South Shore neighborhood Friday night, police said. Read more
• A man was found shot dead this morning in Washington Park, one of at least eight people shot since late Friday night, including two men wounded inside Wicker Park, authorities said. Read more
• Two west suburban women were killed overnight when a minivan going the wrong way crashed into their car on the Eisenhower Expressway near Harlem Avenue in Oak Park, authorities said. Read more
• The discovery of a man bound and beaten in the West Lawn neighborhood led police to 170 pounds of cocaine and 50 pounds of marijuana in his home blocks away, according to police. Read more
firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @ChicagoBreaking
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more
about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service
. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.