Chicago Tribune reporter Adam Sege recaps the night's crime, including six shootings on the South and West Sides. Also, police continue their effort to identify the burned body found Sunday on the Northwest Side.
A wrap-up of news from the Tribune's breaking news desk.
• She was maybe as young as 17, with straight brown hair and an olive complexion. She wore a hoop earring in her right ear. Officials say she was strangled and her body dumped in a trash bin that was then set on fire. They are asking the public for help in identifying her and tracking down whoever killed her. Read more
• A 19-year-old man was fatally shot in the South Side's Lake Meadows neighborhood in one of three shootings Monday night on the South and West Sides, officials said. Read more
• A 22-year-old man was pronounced dead Monday night, becoming the second person to die after a Sunday crash on the South Side that injured three others. Read more
• A 43-year-old truck driver is hospitalized in Indiana, recuperating from a gunshot wound he sustained after he attacked an off-duty police officer working a second job as security in a Merrillville Planned Parenthood clinic, police said. Read more
• Chicago police were called to the Michigan Avenue Bridge this afternoon after someone reported seeing a suspicious package on an empty boat on the Chicago River, police said. Read more
• Two men were charged with first-degree murder for the shooting death of a man whose body was found in unincorporated Calumet City in April, Cook County sheriff's officials said. Read more
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more
about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service
. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.