Chicago Tribune reporter Peter Nickeas with details on last night's crime in Chicago, including multiple car crashes, an apartment fire, and a homicide.
A wrap-up of news from the Tribune's breaking news desk.
• A 16-year-old boy was killed in Gage Park on Saturday afternoon, one of four people shot between about 1:30 and 9:15 p.m. Read more.
• A truck ran into a train in the Hegewisch neighborhood early Sunday morning. Read more.
• A silver car wound up entangled in a tree and had to be pulled off an embankment by a tow truck early Sunday morning on the Eisenhower Expressway. Read more.
• A three-story brick apartment building caught fire in the Albany Park neighborhood early Sunday morning. Read more.
• A 37-year-old man died in a car crash on the Stevenson Expressway near Kedzie Avenue on Sunday morning, authorities said. Read more.
• Two people were hit by an SUV under the Fullerton CTA train station about 11 p.m. Saturday, police said. Read more.
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more
about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service
. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.