Become a digitalPLUS subscriber. 99 for 4 weeks.
°

Topics

Rubber Products Industry
House fire near Havre de Grace displaces residents; discarded cigarette blamed
House fire near Havre de Grace displaces residents; discarded cigarette blamed

A modular home on Chapel Road near Havre de Grace was damaged and its residents displaced following a fire Wednesday afternoon caused by a discarded cigarette, fire investigators said. The fire in the 2002 block Chapel Road was reported shortly after 2 p.m. and caused an estimated $25,000 damage to the single story house and $15,000 damage to its contents, according to a notice of investigation from the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office. It took 50 firefighters about 15 minutes to bring the fire under control, the Fire Marshal's Office said. Companies responding included Susquehanna Hose Company of Havre de Grace, Level Volunteer Fire Company, Aberdeen Fire Department and...

Loading