The farmhouse of the family that created Perdue Farms has been added to a state historical registry.
Arthur W. Perdue built the farmhouse on the outskirts of Salisbury in 1917, three years before establishing what would become the nation’s third-largest chicken producer.
The farmhouse, which has been part of the company’s logo since 2005, was named to the Maryland Inventory of Historic Properties maintained by the Maryland Historical Trust. It’s located on Old Ocean City Road across from the company’s headquarters.
“It’s an honor to have such an important part of our company’s heritage listed among the Maryland Inventory of Historic...