The Baseball Card Giveaway Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") starts at noon (ET) on March 25, 2013 and ends at 12 p.m. (ET) on April 8, 2013 ("Sweepstakes Period"). This Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, each entrant agrees to abide and be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor.
2) How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, go to the tab for the Sweepstakes on the Orioles Insider Facebook page. If you have already "liked" the Orioles Insider page, you may proceed directly to the entry form. If not, you may proceed to the entry form after you "like" the Orioles Insider page. Once you reach the entry form, you must provide all information requested on the entry form, and your contact information must be accurate. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the holder of the email account will be deemed the person who submitted the entry. Incomplete entries will be disqualified, and Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, deleted, garbled, corrupted, misdelivered, or misdirected. All entries must be received by the close of the Sweepstakes Period. The computer clock of Sponsor's webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person; duplicate entries from the same person will be disqualified. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Sponsor not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. The use of automated or third party software or web site to register and/or play is prohibited. By entering, you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. All received entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
3) Winners and Notification: On or about April 9, 2013 Sponsor will select potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Sponsor will make all final decisions in any and all issues related to this Sweepstakes, and its decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will attempt to contact potential winners by email and phone. A winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries if: (a) a winner does not claim his or her prize within 24 hours of the first notification attempt; (b) a winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (d) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
4) Prizes and Delivery: 1 Grand Prize: A 2013 Topps Baseball Series 1 Box along with a Dylan Bundy Rookie Card. Total ARV of prize: $19.99+. Approximate retail value ("ARV") $19.99+.
Each winner is solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes in connection with winner's prize. Prize substitutions are not allowed, and prize is not transferable. Only Sponsor may elect, at its discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equal value due to lack of availability for any given reason. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All expenses not specifically provided for herein are the responsibility of the prize winner. Properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. Prize may be picked up at the Baltimore Sun offices at 501 North Calvert Street, Baltimore between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. Failure to pick up tickets within a week of notification will result in forfeiture of prize.
5) Other Conditions: Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release as well as certain tax documents, and, if so, any required documentation must be signed and returned to Sponsor prior to receipt of tickets by winner. Failure to return such documentation will result in that winner being disqualified, and Sponsor may randomly draw another winner from among all remaining eligible entries.
By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, waive and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook and their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney's fees) resulting from accessing the Sweepstakes website; submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or; any printing, typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
By accepting the prize, each winner agrees, where legal, to allow Sponsor and its agents and licensees to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses and any information provided on the entry form, in any medium of communication, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, without additional compensation.
6) Internet/Fraud/Tampering: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Sweepstakes website. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Sweepstakes website or any combination thereof.
7) Winners List: For an Official Winners List (available after April 10, 2013), send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Baltimoresun.com, Attn: Olivia Hubert-Allen, 501 N. Calvert Street, P.O. Box 1377, Baltimore, MD 21278. All requests for Winners List must be received by April 19, 2013.
8) Sponsor: The Baltimore Sun Company, 501 North Calvert Street, Baltimore, MD 21278.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes runs from noon (ET) on 3/25/13 to noon (ET) on 4/8/13. Sweepstakes open to legal U.S. residents residing in MD, DC, or York County, PA who are 21 & older as of 3/25/13. Void where prohibited & outside above-listed areas. To enter, "like" Baltimore Sun's Facebook page & complete form. Limit 1 entry per person. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries. 1 Grand Prize: A 2013 Topps Baseball Series 1 Box along with a Dylan Bundy Rookie Card. Total ARV of prize: $19.99+. Official Rules at www.baltimoresun.com/sweepstakesrules. Sponsor: The Baltimore Sun Co., 501 N. Calvert St., Baltimore, MD 21278.