Approximately 500 students from the junior and senior high school will attend class for the rest of the school year, roughly the next 11 weeks at Mid-America Science Park, 11 miles north in Scottsburg.
- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- Henryville students set to return to class in wake of devastating tornado
- Henryville still slowly rebuilding two months after tornado
- Child victims of Henryville tornado receive toy donations
- Tornadoes devastate Marysville, Ind.
- Photos: Family killed by tornado
- After the Storm: March 2, 2012
See more photos »
- video: Storm Chasers
All 1,200 Henryville students are back in school as of Monday.
Approximately 700 elementary students returned to class on March 22 at their temporary school in New Albany.
Officials with West Clark Community Schools plan to ask the state to waive the requirement that students must attend 180 days of class.
The state department of education said it will work with the school district to come up with a solution.