Lederer, who is battling brain cancer, appeared with Turgeon in the Comcast Center media room wearing a gray Maryland sweat suit.
- Maryland Terps coverage
- 2013-14 Terps basketball [Pictures]
- Maryland-Duke memories
- The most memorable games in the Maryland-Duke rivalry
- Barack Obama and first family at Terps basketball game [Pictures]
- Terps basketball uniforms through the years
See more photos »
- Maryland Madness sights & sounds [Video]
- Video: Williams retires as Maryland basketball head coach
Lederer, 18, said 'Zaching' began when he flexed his muscles coming out of surgery, and his father took a picture. "I wanted to make it very clear that 'Here I am, strong as ever,' " Lederer said.
He said he is grateful for the phenomenon of people around the country striking similar poses in support -- "Zaching."
“The coolest ones in my mind are the ones of the kids in the hospital,” he said.
Said Turgeon: "He’s been a great inspiration for us this year. The things this team has had to go through doesn’t seem like very much compared with what Zach has already gone go through and is getting ready to go through."