The Big Ten Network is adding a little more Maryland expertise to its roster.
The network announced Wednesday that ex-Terps football stars Scott McBrien and Shawne Merriman and former basketball standout Drew Nicholas will join the coverage as Maryland enters the conference.
McBrien, who quarterbacked the Terps to wins in the Peach Bowl and Gator Bowl, will serve as a game analyst. The former NFL pass-rusher Merriman will be a studio analyst.
- Get to know the Big Ten
- C.J. Brown, Jerry Lovelocke named to Unitas Award watch list
- Former Terps coach Friedgen says he has no relationship with Penn State's Franklin
- Terps football 2014 [Pictures]
- Five key questions as Maryland enters 2014 football season
- Terps at Big Ten football media days [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Video: New Terps uniforms
Nicholas will be a studio analyst for basketball, and former Maryland coach Gary Williams returns to the Big Ten Network in that role.
Former Terp Christy Winters-Scott will serve as both a studio and game analyst for women’s basketball.
Longtime ACC announcer Dan Bonner is also joining the network as a men's basketball game analyst.