The matchups for November's CBE Hall of Fame Classic were announced Wednesday, and Maryland's men's basketball team will face Arizona State in the semifinals of the event in Kansas City.
The Terps and Sun Devils tip off from the Sprint Center at 7 p.m. on Nov. 24. That game will be televised by ESPNU.
Alabama and Iowa State play in the nightcap on ESPN2.
- 2013-14 Terps basketball [Pictures]
- Dez Wells turns to Chris Paul for lessons on and off the court
- Mark Turgeon, Terps try to move past tumultuous offseason and on to new success
- Analyzing Maryland's 2013-14 men's basketball season player by player
- Maryland-Duke memories
- The most memorable games in the Maryland-Duke rivalry
See more photos »
- Maryland Madness sights & sounds [Video]
- Video: Williams retires as Maryland basketball head coach
The winners will play in the championship game the following night at 9:30 p.m. The loser's play in a consolation game beforehand.
As part of that week's festivities, former Terps coach Gary Williams will be inducted into the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame in Kansas City on Nov. 23. (He goes into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame this Friday.)
The Terps played in the CBE Hall of Fame Classic once before, in 2007, and went 2-2.
Maryland won its preseason tournament last season, beating Providence in the championship of the Paradise Jam in the Virgin Islands.
Arizona State went 21–12 last season in the Sun Devils' eighth season under former N.C. State coach Herb Sendek. The Sun Devils return a couple key starters in guard Jermaine Marshall and 7-foot-2, 250-pound center Jordan Bachynski, but star guard Jahii Carson left for the NBA.
The Terps are 1-1 all-time against Arizona State, last meeting in 1994 at the Maui Invitational.