Terps junior L.A. Goree has been named the ACC's Linebacker of the Week after making a career-high 15 tackles in Saturday’s 27-26 win over Virginia.
The 6-foot-2, 240-pound Bowie native made nine solo tackles and one for a loss. His 16 tackles are the most by a Maryland player since Demetrius Hartsfield had 18 at North Carolina State on Nov. 26, 2011.
Goree spoke after Saturday's game abaout how important it was for Maryland to rebound from its 63-0 loss at Florida State a week earlier.
- Terps' game against Clemson on Oct. 26 will be at 3:30 on ABC, ESPN or ESPN2
- Ex-Terp Scott Zolak makes ridiculous radio call of Tom Brady's game-winning TD
- Terps edge Virginia, 27-26, after Cavaliers miss late field-goal attempt
- 2013 Terps football [Pictures]
- Terps in the NFL 2013 season recap
- Jeff Barker's Maryland fall sports scrapbook [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Video: New Terps uniforms
“It means a lot because it was a tough loss and we definitely had to bounce back," Goree said. "It was definitely getting our pride back, our sense of Maryland pride. The fact that we got the victory, [improved to] 5-1, that's not too bad.”
He is the fifth Maryland player to earn ACC weekly honors this season.
* Stefon Diggs (Receiver of the Week) after the Old Dominion game
* Dexter McDougle (Defensive Back of the Week) after UConn
* Marcus Whitfield (Linebacker of the Week) after UConn
* A.J. Hendy earned (Defensive Back of the Week) after West Virginia.