By Jeff Barker
The Baltimore Sun
10:41 PM EDT, September 7, 2013
Some additional notes from Maryland's 47-10 victory over Old Dominion at Byrd Stadium:
* It was a pretty large and boisterous fan contingent for Old Dominion that showed up in College Park and sat in the visitors' section. They even chanted "Let's go Monarchs."
But then they got silent as the Terps piled up points.
* Old Dominion fans thought their team had a touchdown on a pass to Blair Roberts with the Monarchs trailing, 3-0. He was ruled out of the end zone.
“There’s no one call that was the issue in this game,” Monarchs coach Bobby Wilder said.
* Maryland made an important early statement by intercepting Taylor Heinicke twice in the first quarter and three times in his first four possessions.
* Maryland coaches tried to calm down safety Sean Davis, who got into a shoving match with Monarchs' wide receiver Zach Pascal in the second quarter. They were called for offsetting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.
* Quarterback Ricardo Young made his first Maryland appearance late in the game, but he didn't attempt a pass.
* Some Maryland players required IVs for hydration because they had some issues with cramps in the 80-degree heat.
Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun