Maryland's men's basketball team will play in the CBE Hall of Fame Classic tournament next season, according to a source.
The four-team tournament will be held Nov. 24-25 at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo., providing something of a homecoming for Terps coach Mark Turgeon, a Kansas alum and native of Topeka, Kan.
Iowa State, Alabama and Arizona State are expected to be the other schools in the four-team field. The Hall of Fame Classic generally also includes those four teams hosting games that are tied to the event but don't impact who advances to Kansas City.
- Terps not seeing as many 'positive' signs after second straight blowout
- ESPN's Jay Williams criticizes coach Mark Turgeon, Terps in loss to Florida State
- Terps blown out on the road, 85-61, by Florida State
- 2013-14 Terps basketball [Pictures]
- Analyzing Maryland's 2013-14 men's basketball season player by player
- Maryland-Duke memories
See more photos »
- Maryland Madness sights & sounds [Video]
- Video: Williams retires as Maryland basketball head coach
The tournament has been held since 2001, with Wichita State winning it this season and Kansas the year before.
Maryland won its preseason tournament this past November, the Paradise Jam held in the U.S. Virgin Islands.