Let’s look at what we know so far about Maryland’s men’s basketball nonconference schedule.
We know about the Kentucky game in Brooklyn (the Barclays Center Classic) on Nov. 9.
We know about the game at Northwestern in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge on Nov. 27.
- Maryland Terps coverage
- 2013-14 Terps basketball [Pictures]
- Maryland-Duke memories
- The most memorable games in the Maryland-Duke rivalry
- Barack Obama and first family at Terps basketball game [Pictures]
- Terps basketball uniforms through the years
See more photos »
- Maryland Madness sights & sounds [Video]
- Video: Williams retires as Maryland basketball head coach
Maryland is committed to play again in the BB&T tournament at Washington’s Verizon Center in December. While final details are being worked out, the Terps are expected to play George Mason this year.
And then there are three more games – LIU-Brooklyn, Morehead State and Lafayette – that the Terps will host as part of the Barclays tournament. Those are called “exempt” games. All the Barclays games count only as a single game against the maximum number of regular-season contests that teams are permitted to schedule.
Anybody know of other games in the works?
The ACC typically releases its schedules in late August. It’s getting more complicated with the expected inclusion of Syracuse and Pitt after this season. The conference typically prepares about 20 or 30 different schedules before settling on the final version.