Maryland's men's basketball team has been picked by The Sporting News to finish seventh in its first season in the Big Ten.
Wisconsin, Michigan State, Ohio State, Nebraska, Michigan and Iowa were selected ahead of the Terps. Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana, Penn State, Purdue, Northwestern and Rutgers were picked behind Maryland.
- 2013-14 Terps basketball [Pictures]
- Maryland will feature upgraded video boards at Byrd Stadium and Xfinity Center
- Turgeon builds schedule around tournament teams to test his young group
- Analyzing Maryland's 2013-14 men's basketball season player by player
- Maryland-Duke memories
- The most memorable games in the Maryland-Duke rivalry
See more photos »
- Maryland Madness sights & sounds [Video]
- Video: Williams retires as Maryland basketball head coach
Joining Wells as all-conference selections are Wisconsin’s Sam Dekker and Frank Kaminsky, Michigan State’s Branden Dawson, Nebraska’s Terran Pettaway , Indiana’s Yogi Ferrell, Michigan’s Caris Levert, Ohio State’s Sam Thompson, Purdue’s A.J. Hammons and Penn State’s D.J. Newbill.
Dawson is a first-team preseason All-American, Dekker and Pettaway are second-team All-Americans and Kaminsky is third team.
Trimble is an all-newcomer pick with Ohio State’s D’Angelo Russell and Anthony Lee (a Temple transfer from Columbia), Indiana’s James Blackmon Jr. and Michigan’s Kameron Chapman.
Four Big Ten teams are ranked in the magazine's preseason top 25: Wisconsin (3), Michigan State (18) Ohio State (21) and Nebraska (22).