University of Maryland teams posted their best Graduation Success Rate, 82 percent, in the most recent statistics announced Thursday.
It was the third straight year that Maryland's GSR has risen.
This year's numbers measure freshmen who entered the school from the 2002-2003 school year through 2005-2006.
- Maryland Terps coverage
- 2013-14 Terps basketball [Pictures]
- Analyzing Maryland's 2013-14 men's basketball season player by player
- Maryland-Duke memories
- The most memorable games in the Maryland-Duke rivalry
- Barack Obama and first family at Terps basketball game [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Maryland Madness sights & sounds [Video]
- Video: Williams retires as Maryland basketball head coach
The men's basketball team went from 46 percent in 2011 to 50 percent this year, while women's basketball improved from 81 percent to 93 percent. The football team's rate improved from 59 percent to 65 percent.
The rate is different than the Academic Progress Rate, which is released in the spring and is a measure of whether team members are on a path to graduation.