Maryland's latest commitment will be a familiar name to Terps football recruiting followers.
After stops at Fork Union (Va.) Military Academy, New Mexico and now Iowa Western Community College, Mazyck has decided on the Terps again. According to multiple media reports, Mazyck pledged to the Terps again Sunday. Terrapin Times first reported the news.
- Good Counsel DE Jesse Aniebonam commits to Maryland
- Maryland Football 2014 Schedule/Results
- Terps football 2014 [Pictures]
- Five key questions as Maryland enters 2014 football season
- Terps at Big Ten football media days [Pictures]
- 2013 Terps football [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Video: New Terps uniforms
Mazyck graduated from Friendship Collegiate Academy in Washington in 2011 and took a prep year at Fork Union after that to improve his academics. In January 2011, Maryland and Mazyck parted ways, and his prep coach told The Sun that the offensive tackle was headed to Vanderbilt.
Mazyck ultimately ended up with Mike Locksley at New Mexico, though, and played as a true freshman in 2011. He eventually resurfaced at Iowa Western, where current Terps and former Lobos Deon Long and Ricardo Young also spent time.
Mayzck, who will have two years of eligibility remaining, joins a 2014 Terps recruiting class that has commitments from two other offensive linemen in McDonogh's Jared Cohen and Brendan Moore from Texas.