Two days after the end of the NFL draft, former Maryland defensive lineman Joe Vellano has found a home.
Vellano, a three-time All-Atlantic Coast Conference honoree, signed Tuesday with the New England Patriots, according to Terps coach Randy Edsall.
Vellano is the fourth former Terp to join an NFL team as an undrafted free agent. The others are tight end Matt Furstenburg (Baltimore Ravens), defensive lineman A.J. Francis (Miami Dolphins) and linebacker Darin Drakeford (Kansas City Chiefs).
- Joe Vellano [Pictures]
- Terps' Joe Vellano named All-ACC by coaches
- Joe Vellano, Demetrius Hartsfield highlight Maryland's All-ACC selections
- Five key questions as Maryland enters 2014 football season
- Terps football 2014 [Pictures]
- Terps at Big Ten football media days [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Video: New Terps uniforms
Wide receiver Kevin Dorsey was a seventh-round draft pick of the Green Bay Packers.