Former Maryland basketball coach Gary Williams has been named to the 13-member ACC “Legends Class.”
Among those also named: former ACC commissioner Gene Corrigan, former North Carolina star Mike O’Koren and former N.C. State standout Dereck Whittenburg.
The group will be honored at the ACC tournament in March.
- Analyzing Maryland's loss at Florida State
- Maryland Terps coverage
- 2013-14 Terps basketball [Pictures]
- Barack Obama and first family at Terps basketball game [Pictures]
- Maryland Madness
- Terps media day
See more photos »
- Maryland Madness sights & sounds [Video]
- Video: Williams retires as Maryland basketball head coach
Williams won 461 games in 22 seasons at Maryland, his alma mater.
Williams will be attending Sunday’s Super Bowl in New Orleans.
Williams and Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti are close friends. In 2010, Bisciotti helped lead a ceremony when Williams was inducted into the Sports Legends Museum at Camden Yards' newly-created "Hall of Legends"
"There's something about him. He loves people to hate him," Bisciotti said at the ceremony. Then Bisciotti said seriously: "You're one of the best."Here is a story I wrote several years ago about the Williams-Bisciotti friendship.