On Friday, Georgia Tech lost forward Robert Carter to Maryland.
Today, the Yellow Jackets got a Terp in exchange."I'm a G tech yellow jacket now," former Maryland forward Charles Mitchell tweeted. "It's going to feel great playing right at home."
- Georgia Tech transfer Robert Carter Jr. signs with Maryland
- Charles Mitchell leaving Maryland; guard Richaud Pack transfers in
- Former Maryland guard Seth Allen transferring to Virginia Tech, reports say
- Analyzing Maryland's 2013-14 men's basketball season player by player
- 2013-14 Terps basketball [Pictures]
- Maryland-Duke memories
See more photos »
- Maryland Madness sights & sounds [Video]
- Video: Williams retires as Maryland basketball head coach
Georgia Tech had a need for frontcourt help after Carter's departure. He averaged 11.4 points and 8.4 rebounds in 13 games with the Yellow Jackets last season.
Mitchell, who unlike Carter could receive a waiver to play immediately, averaged 6.5 points and 6.3 rebounds per game during his sophomore season.
His transfer decision leaves Nick Faust (City) as the only player among the five departing Terps who hasn't decided on his next stop. Seth Allen is headed to Virginia Tech, Shaquille Cleare to Texas and Roddy Peters to South Florida.