The Big Ten has named Maryland junior wide receiver Stefon Diggs one of 10 players to watch heading into this season.
Unlike other conferences, the Big Ten no longer selects a preseason all-conference team or preseason Offensive and Defensive Players of the Year. Instead, the conference selects 10 Players to Watch, five from the East Division and five from the West Division.
Diggs, who was one of the five for the East, missed the second half of last season after breaking his leg, but he ranked eighth nationally in all-purpose yards as a freshman in 2012 and had 34 catches for 587 yards and three touchdowns in seven games last year.
- Terps at Big Ten football media days [Pictures]
- Big Ten media pick Maryland football to finish near bottom of East Division
- Maryland Football 2014 Schedule/Results
- Terps football 2014 [Pictures]
- Five key questions as Maryland enters 2014 football season
- 2013 Terps football [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Video: New Terps uniforms
Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller, Michigan State defensive end Shilique Calhoun, Michigan wide receiver Devin Funchess and Penn State quarterback Christian Hackenberg were the others named Players to Watch for the East Division.
Iowa offensive lineman Brandon Scherff, Nebraska running back Ameer Abdullah, Nebraska defensive end Randy Gregory, Wisconsin running back Melvin Gordon and Wisconsin offensive lineman Rob Havenstein were named Players to Watch for the West Division.