When: 3:30 P.M.
Site: M&T Bank Stadium
- Maryland football uniforms [Pictures]
- Terps Trio: Young CBs, is it must-win and recruit who stands out
- Maryland unveils new generation of football uniforms with 'no-grab' fabric
- Terps football 2014 [Pictures]
- Five key questions as Maryland enters 2014 football season
- Terps at Big Ten football media days [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Video: New Terps uniforms
Radio: 105.7 FM, 980 AM
Series: West Virginia leads 26-21-2 and has won seven straight
Last meeting: West Virginia defeated Maryland, 31-21, on Sept. 22, 2012, in Morgantown, W.Va.
Maryland offense vs. West Virginia defense: Maryland's offense has surpassed 500 yards in each game this season. With Nigel King injured, Maryland will probably play redshirt freshman Malcolm Culmer extensively at wide receiver. West Virginia's defense is surrendering an average of just 13.7 points per game. "The big thing is that they create pressure with their front," Maryland offensive coordinator Mike Locksley said. West Virginia's defense has been better against the pass than the run. The Mountaineers are allowing 4.6 yards per rush.
Maryland defense vs. West Virginia offense: Maryland leads the nation in sacks with 4.67 per game. Linebacker Marcus Whitfield has 5.5 sacks. Maryland's challenge will be slowing down West Virginia's spread offense without injured cornerbacks Dexter McDougle and Jeremiah Johnson. Transfer Isaac Goins and freshman Will Likely will start. Redshirt freshman quarterback Ford Childress — the successor to Geno Smith — passed for 359 yards against Georgia State. He is the son of former NFL Pro Bowler Ray Childress.
-- Jeff Barker