Site: Byrd Stadium
Time: 12:30 p.m.
Broadcast: Comcast SportsNet
- Terps' Will Likely has benefited from The Muck's NFL lineage
- Third year will be crucial for Randy Edsall at Maryland
- Stefon Diggs looking forward to catching passes from just one QB this year
- Terps football 2014 [Pictures]
- Terps at Big Ten football media days [Pictures]
- 2013 Terps football [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Video: New Terps uniforms
Radio: 105.7 FM, 980 AM
Series: Maryland leads, 3-0
Last meeting: Maryland def. FIU, 42-28, on Sept. 25, 2010, in College Park
Maryland offense vs. FIU defense: Maryland, which struggled to pass the ball last season after starting quarterback C.J. Brown's season-ending knee injury, will look to establish a balanced offense with Brown back. Brown will be handing the ball to tailback Brandon Ross, who surpassed 100 rushing yards in two of last season's final three games. This marks the first test for Maryland's reconfigured offensive line, which features new starters Michael Dunn and Ryan Doyle. Panthers have a new head coach in Ron Turner. They lost all three linebackers and their free safety from last season.
FIU offense vs. Maryland defense: Maryland expects Turner to run a variation of the West Coast offense. FIU's offensive personnel is largely new. The team is replacing its running backs and entire offensive line, but quarterback Jake Medlock (13 touchdown passes last year) has 11 career starts. Maryland's defense has experienced cornerbacks in Dexter McDougle and Jeremiah Johnson, but their top pass rushers from 2012 have departed. No current Terp surpassed 1.5 sacks in 2012.