“I’ve been a longtime fan, but this is the first time I’ve been excited about the postseason since the 1990s,’’ said Will Jones of Sykesville. “I’ve been a quiet fan for awhile, but now that they are doing a lot better, I’m all riled up.”
Jones and Jeremy Martin of Glen Burnie are part of an Orioles sponsor trip, but there are plenty of fans who are on this Southwest bandwagon.
- Dylan Bundy could join short list of teenagers to play in the postseason
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles celebrate American League East title [Pictures]
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
- Orioles wearing throwback uniforms [Pictures]
See more photos »
The appropriately named Birdie Insley of Timonium bought the tickets for this series for her husband Jerry for Fathers Day. They’re taking the whole family, including a child meeting them from New York. How’s that for some strange karma?
“We got the tickets early and it’s worked out great,’’ she said. “We’ve been Orioles fans forever. Our daughter is named after Brooks and, if you remember at his Hall of Fame ceremoney, there was a group of people spelling out his name in the crowd…that was us.”