Richie Incognito's bipolar relationship with social media is on again, and the Miami Dolphins offensive lineman at the center of the team's bullying scandal used twitter early Tuesday morning to issue a few apologies.
"I want everyone to know I'm in good spirits and looking forward to playing again one day," Incognito said on his twitter account, which he deactivated last week following the conclusion of the Ted Wells investigation into the Dolphins' locker room culture.
"I would like to send Jonathan [Martin] my apologies as well. Until someone tells me different you are still my brother. No hard feelings," Incognito wrote, ending that tweet with a smiley face.
- UPDATED (Warning: Graphic content:) Richie Incognito's most telling tweets
- Video: Auburn TB Tre Mason hopes to shock his critics at NFL combine
- Video: Gators CB Marcus Roberson on why he left UF early, and what he brings to an NFL team
- Jonathan Martin's Top 25 most telling tweets
- Richie Incognito
- Video: Michigan State's Darqueze Dennard intends to prove he can run with NFL's fastest WRs
- Video: Gators CB Jaylen Watkins believes his versatility is going to win over NFL teams
- Tony Villani Owner XPE Sports Inc 2
See more videos »
"There are no winners in the courts. Just families left to deal with their decisions and pick up the pieces. You can't free something. We're all born free," Incognito wrote.
An hour later Incognito apologized to Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, whose organization had its 2013 season sideswiped by the drama Incognito created, with teammates Mike Pouncey and John Jerry serving as his accomplices in alleged harassment of Martin, fellow offensive lineman Andrew McDonald, who is in the report as Player A, and assistant trainer Naohisa Inoue.
Incognito also apologized to Ted Wells, whose investigation he attempted to discredit earlier on Friday, saying it was inaccurate.
"I would like to also apologize to Mr. Ross and Mr. Wells. [Expletive] got cray cray #MYBAD," Incognito said, using an urban word "cray" as a substitute for crazy.
Incognito expected Wells' report to clear him of any wrongdoing in Martin's decision to leave the team in mid-October, which featured claims the Dolphins created a hostile working environment. Incognito expecting Martin's history with depression to explain why the team's starting offensive tackle quit after Miami's 27-17 loss to the Patriots.
However, while the report stated Martin's history of depression complicated their investigation, it agreed with Martin that Incognito's behavior was a contributing factor to his depression. Martin documented his struggles with teammates, and their acceptance in his text history with his parent, which goes back to the 2012 season.
Incognito, a starter for the Dolphins since 2010, and a Pro Bowl selection in 2012, is presently a free agent.
The Dolphins do not intent on re-signing the 30-year-old. Incognito has openly admits his goal is to find work in the NFL for this upcoming season. But he clearly realizes that won't be easy considering the controversial behavior that continues to follow him since his college days, and has routinely tarnished his NFL career, which includes his reputation as one of the NFL's dirtiest players.