Pro Bowl offensive guard Marshal Yanda underwent offseason shoulder surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff and is sidelined for the Ravens' mandatory minicamp.
Yanda played through the injury last season, missing just one regular-season game with an ankle injury against the Denver Broncos.
Ravens coach John Harbaugh, who didn't disclose the nature of the injury, anticipates that Yanda, a two-time Pro Bowl selection regarded as one of the toughest guards in the league, will return by training camp.
- Ravens minicamp 2013 [Pictures]
- Ravens cut FB Vonta Leach, re-sign TE Billy Bajema
- Leach's exit continues veteran exodus, spurs more questions
- Ravens 38, Carolina Panthers 10 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Panthers in Week 4
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
See more photos »
"We expect him back by camp to some degree," Harbaugh said. "Marshal Yanda has done a great job with the rehab. He's right on schedule, probably ahead of schedule."