The Baltimore Sun
12:02 PM EDT, October 31, 2013
A roundup of NFL experts' picks for Sunday's game between the Ravens and Cleveland Browns.
* CBSSports.com's Pete Prisco expects the Ravens' struggles to continue in a 21-18 loss to the Browns.
The Ravens are coming out of a bye and need to get it going to try to keep pace with the Bengals. If they lose here, they have problems. Jason Campbell was solid for the Browns at Kansas City. Look for him to continue to play well here.
* John Breech of CBSSports.com disagrees, picking the Ravens to win by a field goal.
Since Joe Flacco became the Ravens starting quarterback in 2008, here's a list of everyone who's started for the Browns: Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, Ken Dorsey, Bruce Gradkowski, Colt McCoy, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace, Brandon Weeden, Thad Lewis, Brian Hoyer and now Jason Campbell. Anyway, the Browns defense is good, but I'll take the Ravens coming off a bye. Since John Harbaugh and Flacco showed up in 2008, the Ravens haven't lost coming off a bye week. Ravens 23-20 over the Browns.
* On CBSSports.com, only two of the eight analysts pick the Ravens to win -- Breech and Jason La Canfora.
* The Sporting News' Vinnie Iyer believes the Ravens will escape Cleveland with a 20-16 win.
The Ravens are trying to shake their Super Bowl hangover before it costs them a return trip to the playoffs. This is the ideal get-well game after a bye, as John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco have never lost to the Browns. Look for Baltimore to stuff the run and tee off on Jason Campbell, while Flacco will be happy to see Ray Rice back up and running. Welcome to November in the AFC North.
* Yahoo Sports' Les Carpenter takes the Ravens, while Frank Schwab chooses the Browns.
* Nine of ESPN.com's 13 analysts pick the Ravens to win Sunday.
* On Showtime's Inside the NFL, all three analysts -- Phil Simms, Cris Collinsworth and special guest Harry Carson -- think the Ravens will beat the Browns.
* Four of the five members on NFL.com's Around The League take the Ravens.
* Three of the four analysts in Fox Sports' fantasy football crew pick the Ravens.
Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun