The Ravens loaded up and went heavy by bringing an extra offensive tackle, Bryant McKinnie, into the game. Good move. But then the Ravens gave the ball to rookie running back Bernard Pierce, who was tackled for a 1-yard loss.
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 38, Carolina Panthers 10 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Panthers in Week 4
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Carolina Panthers
- Ravens 23, Cleveland Browns 21 [Pictures]
See more photos »
I understand that Pierce might be heavier than Rice, and maybe a little fresher at that point in the game. But Rice is the Ravens' top offensive player, and they gave him big money during the offseason to be the feature back.
Well, can they please start featuring him in crucial situations?
Rice finished the game with 20 carries for 108 yards rushing and had five catches for 49 yards. When he touches the ball, he makes things happen. In crunch time, Rice has to be on the field. Even if he isn't getting the ball, he is one great decoy.