Cut by the Ravens today, Pro Bowl fullback Vonta Leach is already in demand as a free agent.
Leach is scheduled to visit the Miami Dolphins on Wednesday, according to a league source.
Leach is a three-time Pro Bowl selection regarded as one of the most punishing lead blockers in the game.
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Steelers
- Cincinnati Bengals 23, Ravens 16 [Pictures]
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
See more photos »
The Ravens released Leach after they were unable to reach an agreement on a restructured contract to reduce his $4.33 million salary-cap figure.
“We’ve had lots of discussion in the past week with Vonta and his agent, and both parties agreed that it was best to terminate Vonta’s contract,” Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said in a statement. “He played a significant role in helping us get to the AFC championship game in 2011 and win the Super Bowl last season. He added to our toughness and will to win, plus he provided leadership. He’s a good football player. There could be an opportunity for him to return to the Ravens once he explores the free agent market, and we could revisit this before or during training camp.”