Whenever Bart Scott’s name surfaces, Terrell Suggs almost always speaks affectionately about his tutelage under Scott.
So it shouldn’t be a surprise that the Ravens outside linebacker paid homage to Scott, his former teammate who now plays for the New York Jets by wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with Scott’s catchphrase “Can’t Wait!”
“We all know what it means,” Suggs said, opening his weekly briefing with the media on Wednesday. “I’m personally sending a message to my brother and former mentor, that I also ‘can’t wait.’”
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Steelers
- Cincinnati Bengals 23, Ravens 16 [Pictures]
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
See more photos »
The purple t-shirt featured the words in big white letters with a gold chain wrapped around them. A gold padlock in the middle had Scott’s name on the bottom.
Suggs was well aware that Scott has trademarked the saying. So does he think his former teammate will sue him?
“Probably,” Suggs said with a smile. “You never know. You never know with ‘The Mad Backer,’ but this is his brand, his shirt. It’s for a good cause. We can’t wait either.”