The Ravens paid veteran starting defensive end Chris Canty his scheduled $500,000 roster bonus Friday, according to an NFL source.
That likely secures Canty’s roster status for next season, when he’s due a $2 million base salary in the second year of a three-year, $8 million contract he signed last year. That included a $2 million signing bonus as part of $2.8 million in guaranteed money.
During his first season with the Ravens last year, Canty recorded 30 tackles, two sacks and two forced fumbles. He also had four passes defended.
- Ravens' Chris Canty: 'I hope it's not coming to an end'
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 38, Carolina Panthers 10 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Panthers in Week 4
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Carolina Panthers
See more photos »
The 6-foot-7, 317-pound former New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys starter started 13 of 15 games played. Canty, 31, had one sack and two forced fumbles against the Buffalo Bills.
Canty chose the Ravens last year after visiting the Green Bay Packers, Kansas City Chiefs and Tennessee Titans.
He missed one game last season with a groin injury.