Safety Ed Reed was fined $21,000 for his hit on New England Patriots wide receiver Deion Branch in the third quarter of the Ravens' 31-30 victory last Sunday night at M&T Bank Stadium.
Reed was ruled to have "struck a defenseless player in the head and neck area." Branch dropped the ball, but Reed was given a 15-yard personal foul on the play.
Reed and Branch also slapped hands and the Patriots' wide receiver stayed in the game.
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 38, Carolina Panthers 10 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Panthers in Week 4
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Carolina Panthers
- Ravens 23, Cleveland Browns 21 [Pictures]
See more photos »
That was one of several big hits for Reed in the game, including one on Julian Edelman that saved a potential touchdown.