Ravens Pro Bowl running back Ray Rice and starting defensive lineman Chris Canty were close to returning from their respective injuries Sunday against the Houston Texans, according to coach John Harbaugh.
That increases the chances that they could play this week against the Buffalo Bills.
Rice has a strained left hip flexor, and Canty has a strained groin.
- Ravens 22, Pittsburgh Steelers 20 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 22-20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- Ray Lewis inducted into Ravens Ring of Honor [Pictures]
See more photos »
"He was close this week to a degree," Harbaugh said of Rice. "So was Chris. Muscle things, you never know for sure. but they were in theballpark this week. I think that puts them really in the ballpark [for Sunday].
"We have a chance to get Chris back. We have a chance to get Ray back. We'll see as the week goes on how it goes."
Tests confirmed a sprained left knee for backup nose tackle Terrence Cody, who's likely to miss this game.
Running back Shaun Draughn has a high-ankle sprain and no roster move is regarded as imminent. Draughn downplayed the severity of the injury.
"Injury-wise we got through the game pretty well," Harbaugh said. "Terrence Cody has a sprained knee. I think it would be a stretch to expect him back this week. We're going to try. More likely it will be after this week coming back."