Tuitt has taken heat for a somewhat disappointing 2013. His talent and ability to play in a number of different looks up front will win out in the end. Arthur Jones is headed toward a hefty free-agent contract while Chris Canty is due a roster bonus in March. Nabbing Tuitt would allow the Ravens to move on from one or the other without losing sleep.
NFL power rankings roundup
* The Ravens jumped to No. 14 in ProFootballTalk's list, up six spots from last week.
For Ravens fans, watching the Steelers sweat out discipline from the league office is fun.
* On FoxSports.com, former Ravens coach Brian Billick also has the Ravens at No. 14 after he had them four spots lower last week.
The Ravens are 5-1 at home this season and are an amazing 38-8 at home in the Joe Flacco/John Harbaugh era.
* The Ravens went from 18th to 14th in ESPN.com's rankings.
Joe Flacco was 6-for-10 for 93 yards targeting Torrey Smith Thursday night. Smith caught the Ravens' only touchdown, with Justin Tucker's career-high five field goals doing the rest.
* CBSSports.com's Pete Prisco also ranks the Ravens at No. 14, four spots better than last week.
They have a favorable schedule down the stretch and the defense is getting better by the week. Are they ready to make a push?
* NFL.com's Elliot Harrison lists the Ravens at No. 16, up two places from last week.Big win for the still-viable Ravens. For all their problems -- the exodus of veteran players, losing Dennis Pitta to injury, not being able to run the football -- they've quietly hung in there in both the AFC North and AFC wild-card races.
Thursday night's matchup with the Steelers was a classic slugfest, but John Harbaugh's group made the plays when it needed to. This was especially true of the very unit that Harbaugh used to specialize in: special teams. By the way, who's a better kicker than Justin Tucker? Noooooobody.